- Enhancing future acceptance of rural placement in Tanzania through peripheral hospital rotations for medical students Gibson Erick Kapanda , Charles Muiruri, Ahaz T. Kulanga , Chrispina N. Tarimo , Esther Lisasi , Lucy Mimano , Kien Mteta and John A. Bartlett
- Killewo L, Lisasi E, Kapanda G, Tibyampansha D. Ibrahim G, Kulanga A, Muiruri C, Fadhili N, Wiener D, Wood A, Kessi E, Mteta K, Ntabaye M, Bartlett J. Introduction of a learning management system at the Kilimanjaro Christian Medical University College. African Journal of Health Professions Education, 2014;6:37-40.
- Nyindo M, Kitau J, Lisasi E, Kapanda G, Matowo J, Francis P, Bartlett J. Introduction of team-based learning (TBL) at Kilimanjaro Christian Medical University College: Experience with the Ectoparasites Module. Medical Teacher, 2014;36:308-313.
- Lisasi E, Kulanga A, Muiruri C, Killewo L, Fadhili N, Mimano L, Kapanda G, Tibyampansha D, Ibrahim G, Nyindo M, Mteta K, Kessi E, Ntabaye M, Bartlett J. Modernizing and transforming medical education at the Kilimanjaro Christian Medical University College. Academic Medicine, 2014; 89:S60-64.
- Yianna Vovides, S.Bedada, R.Gadhula ,G.Ibrahim ,M.Ntabaye et at (2014) A system Approach to Implementation of e-learning in Medical Education: Five MEPI Schools Journey. Academic Medicine.
- Mimano L, Ferrari G, Kapanda G, Lisasi E, Kulanga A, Nyombi B, Muiruri C, Kessi E, Bartlett J, Ntabaye M. Student perceptions on the introduction of training in diagnostic laboratory techniques in an African school of medicine. MedEdPublish 2015;
Mentored Research Training Program Publications
- Mramba Nyindo , Abdul-Hamid Lukambagire, Lucy Mimano, Yona Kasebele, Frank B. Bright, Bartholomeo N. Ngowi and Kien A. Mteta Circulating Prostate Gland Cells in Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia and Adenocarcinoma in Patients of African Heritage: Diagnosis by Liquid Biopsy: Preliminary Results .
- Munishi M, Hanisch R, Mapunda O, Ndyetabura T, Ndaro A, Schu¨z J, Kibiki G, McCormack V. Africa’s oesophageal cancer corridor: Do hot beverages contribute?
- Chilongola J, Ndaro A, Tarimo H, Shedrack T, Barthazary S, Kaaya R, Masokoto A, Kajeguka D, Kavishe R, Lusingu J. Occurrence of pfatpase6 Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms Associated with Artemisinin Resistance among Field Isolates of Plasmodium falciparum in North-Eastern Tanzania. Hindawi Publishing Corporation Malaria Research and Treatment Volume 2015, Article ID 279028, 7 pages
- Chilongola J, Ndaro A, Tarimo H, Shedrack T, Barthazary S, Kaaya R, Masokoto A, Kajeguka D, Kavishe R, Lusingu J. Occurrence of Pfatpase6 single nucleotide polymorphisms associated with artemisininresistance among field isolates of Plasmodium falciparum in a North-Eastern Tanzania. Tropical Medicine & International Health; Manuscript Number TMIH-D-14-00324
- Kavishe R, Paulo P, Kaaya R, Kalinga A, Zwetselaar M, Chilongola J, Roper C, Alifrangis M. Surveillance of artemether-lumefantrine associated Plasmodium falciparum multidrug resistance protein-1 gene polymorphisms in Tanzania. Malaria Journal 2014, http://www.malariajournal.com/content/13/1/264. Open Access. Partly funded by MEPI Grant under MRTP
- Mosha M, Msuya S, Temu S, Heri E, Kinra S. Assessment of school policies and environment in promoting physical activity and nutrition toward prevention of non communicable diseases among school age children in Moshi municipality, Tanzania. Journal of Obesity & Weight Loss Therapy; Dec 2014 Vol 4, issue 5 pg 46. Open Access
- Debora C. Kajeguka, Petro P. Nambunga, Frank Kabissi, Benjamin Kamugisha, Nancy Kassam1, Balthazar Nyombi2, Chacha Mataro2, Venance Maro2 And Jaffu O. Chilongola Antimicrobial resistance patterns of phenotype Extended Spectrum Beta- Lactamase producing bacterial isolates in a referral hospital in northern Tanzania – Tanzania Journal of Health Research Volume 17, Number 3; July 2015
- Kiwango, D. Msilanga, M. Hocker, C. Gerardo, R. Lester, M. Mvungi, M. Ntabaye, C.A. Lynch* – Epidemiology of traumatic brain injury patients at Kilimanjaro Christian medical centre, Moshi, Tanzania – Abstracts / African Journal of Emergency Medicine 3 (2013) S4–S10
- Jaffu Chilongola, Elizabeth Msoka, Adinan Juma, Debora C. Kajeguka, Hadija Semvua, Elimsaada Kituma, Edith Kwigizile And Balthazar Nyombi, Antibiotics prescription practices for provisional malaria cases in three hospitals in Moshi, northern Tanzania. Tanzania Journal of Health Research Volume 17, Number 3; July 2015
Kapanda G. et al “Rural rotations for medical students: A move towards reducing health care disparities in Tanzania”- CUGH 2015 Boston Massachusetts
Tarimo C. et al “Enhancing the quality of clinical clerkships in a resource limited settings Medical School: Northern Tanzania” – CUGH 2015 Boston Massachusetts
- Mimano L. et al. “Students perceptions of the introduction of formal training in the use of diagnostic Laboratory Techniques in an African school of Medicine” CUGH 2014 Washington DC.
- Muiruri C. et al. “eLearning at Medical School in sub Saharan Africa- Use of Technology Acceptance Model to evaluate implementation effectiveness” – CUGH 2014 Washington DC.
- Kulanga et al. “MEPI impact on the Kilimanjaro Christian Medical college”, Presented at Consortium of Universities for Global Health (CUGH)Montreal, Canada October, 2012.
- Lisasi et al. “Medical schools assessment in Sub Saharan Africa. What do students prefer?” Presented at the MEPI annual symposium, Addis Abbaba, August, 2012.
- Ibrahim G ,Minja A (2015) The role of Tablets in Enhancing Teaching and Learning among Medical Students at the Kilimanjaro Christian Medical University College. Presented at the MEPI Symposium Harare Zimbabwe July 14-16 2015
- Ibrahim G, Minja A, Tibyampansha D,et al (2015) .E-learning Experience in Resource Limited Setting (KCMUCo). Presented at the 10th International Conference on ICT for Development, Education & Training :Addis Ababa ,Ethiopia May 20-22 2015.
- Ibrahim G, Minja A, Tibyampansha D,et al (2015) . Learning Management System Experience at KCMUCo.Accepted for presentation at the 20th International Conference on Technology Supported Learning and Training:Berlin,Germany December 3-5 2014
- Muiruri, G.kapanda, G. Ibrahim, D. Tibyampansha, et al (2014). E-learning at a medical school in Sub-saharan Africa: Use of the Technology Acceptance Model to evaluate implementation Effectiveness. Presented at CUGH Washington DC.
- Tibyampansha D, Kulanga A, Ibrahim G ,et al (2013).Application of Learning Content Management System in an Africa School of Medicine. Presented at the 8th International Conference on ICT for development, education and training; Windhoek, Namibia May 29-31, 2013.
- Lucy Kilewo (2012) Technology assisted education. Presented at MEPI Medical Education Workshop, Cape Town SA, June, 2012.
- Lucy Mimano, Pius Tarimo, Neema Kulaya, Nancy Kassam, Esther Lisasi, Gibson Kapanda, Chrispina Tarimo, John Bartlett2, Balthazar Nyombi and Guido Ferrari (2015). Introduction of Diagnostic Laboratory Skills for Medical Students. Presented at the 5th MEPI symposium Harare, Zimbabwe, 13-16 July 2015
- Mimano L.N., Ferrari G., Kapanda G., Lisasi E., Kulanga A., Nyombi B., Muiruri C., Kessi E., Bartlett J., Ntabaye M. (2014). Student perceptions of the introduction of formal training in the use of diagnostic laboratory techniques in an African school of medicine. Presented at the Fifth Annual CUGH Conference in Washington, DC May 10-12, 2014.
- Mimano L.N., Ferrari G, Nyombi B.N., Lisasi E., Ndimangwa F.N., Bartlett J. B., Ntabaye M. (2013). Enhancing medical education for capacity building at Kilimanjaro Christian Medical University College; upgrading and integration of the wet laboratory into the clinical medical training. Presented at the Fourth Annual CUGH Conference in Washington, DC March 14th-16th 2013.